Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Homework №8 UNIT 3 ( coursebook)

10. Identify the tenses in the bold, then match them with the correct tense description. How is each tense formed? When do we use each tense

1. Yesterday morning I went to St Stephen's cathedral. b

2.While I was taking pictures someone stole my bag.a

3. I have been exploring all the gorgeous sandy beaches in the area.d

4. We've been swimming at Nyali Beach almost everyday an we've got great tans.c

5. I've seen the incredible Minoan Palace.e

6. I think I've put on weight.f

a. longer past action interrupted by a shorter action.

b. action which happened in the past at a definite time

c. past action having visible results in the present

d. action which began in the past and still going on

e. statement of personal experiences or changes

f. recent action when the time is not mentioned

11. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense.

1.While she was having lunch someone stole her camera.

2.He is dirty.He has been repaired cars since morning.

3. He is sunburnt. He has been lying in the sun for hours.

4. While they were exploring a cave a shark.

5.While she was skiing she broke her leg.

6. She is tired.She has been working since morning.

12. Read the dialogue and fill in the correct tense, then  listen to the tape and check your answers. Now act out the dialogue.

A: Hi Sally! I didn't know you were here. When did you come?

B: Last friday

A: So you have been here for a week,right?

B: Yes, we're staying at the Paradise Hotel. When did you arriving?

A: Late yesterday evening. I'm staying guest-house by the sea. So, what was you doing?

B: Well, we was swimming every day. The beaches are so clean.

A: Have you seen the old temple yet.

B: Yes, we have going there oh Monday. It's really fascinating  Unfortunately, as we have exploring it jane sliping and twisting  her ankle.

A: Oh dear! Is she  better now?

B: Much better, thanks. Listen , have you  got any plans for tonight?

A: Not really.

B: Why don't you come with us to the beach party?  We have going to one a few days ago and it was great fun. They served delicious food and we dancing till the early hours.

A: That sounds great! Where shall I meet you.

13. Fill in the gaps with the correct adverb .Then say what tense they go with.

1. She left for her holiday in Spain a week ago

2. I have been going on holiday to Italy for years.

3. Have ever travelled by  Ferry before?

4. I've never been to a foreign country before.

5. She has been skiing since she was a child 

6. I don't want to go to Hawai again I 've already been there twice.

7. I haven't unpacked my suitcase yet so i can't go out

8. Dad was driving the sat while Mum was reading the map and giving directions

9. She was sunbathing when it started

10. I 've been to four different beaches so far

No comments:

Post a Comment