Thursday, September 10, 2009

UNIT 1 Read my lips

1.Read the text and underline the correct adjective as in the example

1) caring 2) decisive 3) active 4) outgoing 5) determined 6) ambitious 7)stubborn 8) bossy

2.Re write the sentences

1) John is a boy with curly haired boy
John is a curly haired boy.

2) Lily was wearing shoes with high heels
Lily was wearing high heeled shoes

3) The baby with blue eyes looks like her mother
The blue eyed baby looks like her mother

4) Susan wears glasses with metal frames
Susan wears metal farmed glasses

5) Mr Timms is a man with one leg
Mr Timms is a one leged man
3. Match the words to their opposites.

1) generous~ mean
2) cheerful~sad
3) outgoing~reserved
4) friendly~ unfriendly
5 ) quite~talkative
6) polite~rude

4. Fill in the correct word from the list. Use the words only once.

1) wavy hair 6) a pretty woman
2) hooked nose 7) earfy height
3) full lips 8) .......... eyebrows
4 ) green eyes 9) busty teens
5) a handsome man 10) an oval face

5. Link the sentences using the words in brackets.

1) She is friendly but she can be rude at times
2) Our grandmother is caring and patient as well.
3) Shella is decisive however, she can be arrogant at times
4 ) Sue is self-confident on the other hand , she tends to be disorganised
5) Mike is selfish and aggressive

6. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense, Present Simple or Present Continuous
1.Her new perfume smell like spring flowers.
2.Peter is seeing his girlfriend tonight.
3. Have you seen Mary's new haircut? It looks great
4. Did you put sugar in thee coffee? It is tasting great]
5. You haven't said a word. What is thinking about?
6. My mother is listening to her favourite radio pragramme right now
7.My brother don't enjoy going to the cinema.
8. Do you know what time the concert starts?
9. She speaks French but she come from Spain.
10. The greengrocer is weighing the grapes now.
11. I feel depressed every time I hear that song
12. Why do you tasting the tomato sauce?

7. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense,Present simple or Present Continuous.

1. A. Can I help you,sir?

B. Yes , please. I am looking for a birthday presernt for my wife.

A. I see. What kind of tings se is like.

B.Oh , she enjoy reading books on interior decorating and she love listening to latin music.

A.How about this book then? It have been over a hundred pages of different ways to decorate your home and losts of pictures, too

B.I don't knowiing about that.Is there anything else you could show me?

A. Well, sir. I believe this set of CD's with Latin bands is an excellent coice. Your wife will enjoy it very much

B. How much is it?

A. Okay, then. I just hope she won't play te music too loud because I am hate Latin music!!!

2. Dear Mum and Dad.

I have a wonderful time ere with Grandpa. The weather is lovely and warm and Grandpa's new house looks fantastic. Grandpa is buildind new fence araund the garden at the moment. That are all for now as we go fishing in a minute.

8. Read the text about Janet.Then ask ans answer questions about the text using words from the lists below.

1) How old is Janet? She is in her late thirties

2) How often does shy fly? She fleis from Toronto to London and back every week

3) What is she? She is a pilpot

4) When is she getting for take -off? Maybe at te momenr she is gertting ready for take-off

5) Where is she work? she work Canadian Airline company

9. Fill in te gaps with the opposites of the words in brackets.

1. Johny can't make decisions easily; he is indecisive ( DECISIVE)

2. The salesman was extremely unhelpful ( HELPFUL)

3. Don't blieave what he says; he is dishonest ( HONEST)

4. You can't depend on im to help with your work; he is totally unresponsible(RESPONSIBLE)

5. John's last statement did not make any sense. I thought it was completely inlogical( LOGICAL)

6. Although he is fifty yeas old, he still behaves like a child.Everyone agrees that he is unmature (MATURE)

2 comments:

  1. Good day,
    I am voorhees philip,i want to invest in your business in good faith.I have equity capital for profitable investment. I also offer private commercial and personal loans with very annual interest rates as low as 3% within a years repayment duration period to any part of the world.
    The maximum funding amount is $100million USD.

    EMAIL: philipvoorhees007@gmail.com
    THANK YOU
    VOORHEES PHILIP.

    ReplyDelete

  2. HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete